Sunday, January 11, 2015

Fam Bam


I refer to my family here in SA, as my host family, just to distinguish them from my natural family in my posts. In all actuality, they are one in the same. Anyone who is willing to take me into their home for a year, provide food and shelter, keep me safe, and treat me as their own, is definitely my family. It’s like God/The Universe just wanted me to meet them, and connect. My host family accepted the responsibility of raising me for a year, at an age that some would say is a pretty crucial year in life. I recognize how big of a commitment and sacrifice this is, and yet, they never make me feel like a burden. One of the things I appreciate most, is their determination to give me a full South African experience, to expose me to every facet of the culture and the environment possible. They have such pride and love for their country, and they want me to love it for everything that it is, and everything that it isn't; because the areas where it is lacking, are really just opportunities. I love my host family a lot, and I love this country. I know I will be really torn when I have to leave them. South Africa is my second home, and I am already thinking of when I’ll come back. 

Me And My Family On NYE

The Best Honduran Mom A Girl Could Ask For

1 comment :

  1. Your US family feels very blessed to have our new South African family and grateful for their outstanding care of you! Thanks SA family. We are looking forward to meeting you! ❤️💋❤️💋 Family is everything!

    ReplyDelete

Instagram!