Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Going Out In Joburg and Music



I love going out with my friends, or with Lucy and her friends, in Joburg. The loud music is what I love most. Braamfontein is a really lively area in town (Joburg CBD). There are really chill hang out spots, like The Bannister Hotel and  Kitcheners. The DJ’s play really dope instrumentals. Lucy and her friends think they all sound the same, but I hear the differences in each one. My favorite place in Braam is Randlords. It is a rooftop club/lounge. It has an amazing view of Johannesburg and the vibe makes you want to stay there all night long. Melrose Arch is also a cool area. It’s an outlet mall and events are often hosted there. Me and Lucy went to Mercedes Benz Fashion Week there, and they hosted a Jazz Festival dedicated to Nelson Mandela on the anniversary of his death. Greenside, Pankhurst, and Parktown are all areas near town with hipster vibes. The newest restaurants and small shops are placed in these areas. They are fast growing and newly developed neighborhoods in Joburg. The Southern Sun is a beautiful hotel with a rooftop restaurant that has an awe-striking view of Sandton. Harem and Kong are popular clubs in Rosebank.  They play awesome Nigerian music and mix it up with the newest American music. 

Before The Turn Up With My Nigerian Beauties...

In Greenside With My Friend Lindi

An Event I Was Invited To


Nigerian music to me is the dance soundtrack of Africa. The vibrancy of the music will make you dance all night long. The boisterous beats can make a person shake their body for hours on end. Nigerian artists such as Wizkid will speak Pidgin or Yoruba (which are languages I don’t understand at all) and I will still dance my butt off. Except when I am around Nigerians, their dancing puts mine to shame. You can listen to Nigerian music at any time of day and it will instantaneously boost your mood. I cannot wait to expose my family back home to this marvelous music. 


Song Recommendations:
Aye by Davido
Oleku by Ice Prince
Tchelete by Davido and Mafikizolo 
Aboki by Ice Prince
Jaiye Jaiye by Wizkid



0 comments :

Post a Comment

Instagram!