Tuesday, October 7, 2014

About My New Host Family in South Africa

I have some news that is both exciting, and a bit sad. I have relocated to a suburb of Johannesburg, with a new host family. Although things did not work out with my original host placement,  I am grateful to my first host family for providing me the opportunity to come to South Africa, and I wish them all the best. I will especially miss my host sister Patricia, who was so kind and helpful to me! I will also really miss the wonderful friends I made in my short time at my first school but will keep in touch with them via social media.


My move, though it's nothing I ever could have planned or imagined, has placed me in the best possible hands! My new host parents are relatives of a family friend from America. I am very excited about my new family, my new location and my new school! This move will allow me to attend a school with more transferable courses, and that will offer me a whole different level of academic experience than I would get in America! 

So, my Journey continues...
Gary and Lucy are AWESOME  host-parents (I'm an only child) and are truly about the cultural exchange experience. They have already taught and exposed me to so much. I can't wait to see what is yet to come! 

My New Host Parents!

3 comments :

  1. I am so happy about your new host family and home! Gary and Lucy are the BEST! Excited about your new school also!! Delighted that your South African Journey is now on the right track for you to have the safe, culturally rich and academically appropriate experience that we envisioned for you! Love you much!! ❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Niani, I am one proud auntie. Learn all you can while in South Africa. You are doing great things and greater things are to come for you. Remember to keep God by your side in every step that you take. Much love, auntie Margie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Niani, I’m very proud of your ability to abruptly adapt to the many changes that have recently taken place in your life. Be thankful for the difficult times because it’s during these times you grow. Be thankful for your limitations because they give you opportunities for improvement. Be thankful for each new challenge because it will build your strength and character! It’s a new opportunity, another chance, a new beginning. Embrace it!

    ReplyDelete

Instagram!